Monday, January 10, 2011

Crochet Flower Necklace





The pom poms told me to make this.  These are my favorite flowers to crochet.  I could sit and make these all day if I knew what I could do with them.  All you need to make this is the flowers, felt circles, jump rings, connector beads (the bigger circles) and ribbon.
To make the flowers, you can use any size hook and any weight yarn

Round 1:Chain 4, join into a ring with a slip stitch  in the 1st chain.
Round 2:Chain 3 (counts as first double crochet), work 11 double crochet in the ring you created
              join to top of chain with slip stitch 
(Next is the petal part :)
Round 3:In first stitch chain 2, work 3 double crochet in next stitch
              chain 2, slip stitch in next stitch,  repeat 5 more times for a total of 6 petals
              Fasten off
I have since made flowers that don't have the knot showing so that I don't have to use the felt circles.  If the flowers pivot, you won't know if it is the front or back.
Use the jump rings and connectors to attach the flowers together.  I ended the necklace with a circle connector and threaded the ribbon through them.  Tada!  If you have the skills this is a VERY inexpensive project.

If you purchase a necklace and want different colors, feel free to let me know in the notes to seller. Email me with specific questions totallyradcrafts@gmail.com



Colors



No comments: